More about Swasey Chapel
Swasey Chapel was the first building in the ambitious "Greater Denison" plan of 1917 and honors Ambrose Swasey, a self-made man noted for his generosity of both time and money. Its chimes are a memorial to Swasey's wife, Lavinia Marston Swasey. Built in 1924, the chapel is in English Stuart Revival style influenced by the London churches of Sir Christopher Wren. Bedford limestone and Harvard brick laid in Flemish bond grace its exterior. The signature building of Denison's campus, it stands at the center of the campus.
体育投注appWhen the thermal currents are favorable, "culture vultures," better known to birders as turkey vultures, often perch on the steeple.